The School Improvement Team (SIT) is the umbrella group that oversees the management and coordination of our School Improvement Plan (SIP).
The School Improvement Team’s purpose is to:
- promote successes
- monitor progress
- implement ideas, plans and strategies to bring about increased achievement and partnership.
The SIT team is comprised of classified staff, professional staff, parents, and administrators. This team of dedicated stakeholders has the responsibility for the development of the School Improvement Plan (SIP). The School Improvement Plan is developed based on the needs of the students and is an essential component of the school improvement process because it identifies:
- specific areas of the school which need improvement,
- staff development and other activities which facilitate school improvement,
- quantitative and qualitative instruments which measure the extent of school progress in achieving outcomes,
- areas of continuing concern for future attention.
If you are interested in being on the School Improvement Team ballot for the 2014-2015 school year, please let Mrs. Hollingsworth know either by bringing a note to the office or by sending her an email at email@example.com
The deadline for letting Mrs. Hollingsworth know that you are interested in SIT membership is Monday, May 5, 2014.